Friday, April 26, 2024
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need.....not every man’s greed" -Mahatma Gandhi
News Archives:
Home » WhosGreenOnline.com Categories » community (page 16)

Category Archives: community

Feed Subscription

IKEA Commits $1.13B in Renewable Energy

ikea

IKEA *******Because my girlfriend and I went shopping at IKEA this weekend, and I was reminded of the attitude IKEA has for sustainability, I felt compelled to re post this article…….(orig. posted June 7 2016)! Read More »

Clean Energy, The Young Want U.S. Powered

clean energy

Clean Energy Yesterday NextGen Climate released polling showing that young voters in key presidential swing states are looking for a presidential candidate with a plan to tackle climate change, strengthen our economy, create jobs and improve public health by accelerating the transition to clean energy. In a poll of young voters in key battleground states conducted by Hart Research, 74 percent of voters under 35 said they would ... Read More »

Solar Farm, In The California Desert

solar farm

Solar Farm Solar is going big. Again. The federal government last year,  green-lit a 485-megawatt solar farm that will generate enough carbon-free electricity to power 180,000 homes when it comes online in the Southern California desert. During the Great Recession, there was nothing unusual about billions of dollars in federal stimulus money fueling big green dreams of carpeting the Mojave ... Read More »

Human Predators, Worst on the Planet

human predators

Human Predators Watch any nature documentary and you’ll see the same story unfold time and time again: A predator approaches a group of potential prey and ends up taking down a single animal, perhaps the youngest, the weakest or the oldest among them. Science News ✔@ScienceNews To get a glimpse of a superpredator, just look in the mirror: http://ow.ly/R9QOk   Watch ... Read More »

7 Billion and Counting, World Population

7 Billion

7 Billion 7 Billion and counting…………….World Population, and it’s easy to focus on the numbers—starting with the more than 7 billion humans now sharing our planet. Within many of our lifetimes, that number could surpass 10 billion. But grappling with the issue of global population is about much more than the numbers—it’s about the needs of the people behind those ... Read More »

Running Out of Water, 8 Major Cities

running out of water

Running Out Of Water Earlier this year, an obscure United Nations document, the World Water Development Report, unexpectedly made headlines around the world. The report made the startling claim that the world would face a 40 percent shortfall in freshwater in as soon as 15 years. Crops would fail. Businesses dependent on water would fail. Illness would spread. A financial ... Read More »

Overpopulation, causing Climate Change?

overpopulation

Overpopulation People, I’m not a Scientist, Doctor, or a Genius, however as founder of WhosGreenOnline, I have spent hundreds of hours doing research on environmental issues related to Earth today! Among the many issues we humans are dealing with, (unfortunately many of us do not even realize the magnitude or severity of the problems we are facing today). The problem ... Read More »

Overcrowded Planet, 7 Billion In The World

save earth

Overcrowded Planet Population Connection announced the winners of this year’s “World of 7 Billion” video contest. Thirteen students from four countries and seven U.S. states earned the top spots in the competition, which encouraged high school students around the world to create and enter videos on population growth relating to one of three topics: universal education, diminishing farmland and the sixth mass ... Read More »

FedEx Delivers the “Green Package”…………..Sustainability!

FedEx As an 18yr., employee of FedEx, and owner/founder of WhosGreenOnline.com, I am very happy and proud to share this information with my friends and followers! – Michael R. Craig   At FedEx, our goal is simple: to connect the world in responsible and resourceful ways. While our commitment to environmental stewardship starts with our daily operations, we also recognize ... Read More »