With the passing of my beloved Grandmother 2 weeks ago and being the founder of WhosGreenOnline.com, I came across the “Green Burial” and it really made an impression on me!
W H A T I S G R E E N B U R I A L?
Green, or natural burial is a way of caring for the dead with minimal environmental impact that aids in the conservation of natural resources, reduction of carbon emissions, protection of worker health, and the restoration and/or preservation of habitat. Green burial necessitates the use of non-toxic and biodegradable materials, such as caskets, shrouds, and urns.
Death can seem sad and meaningless, but when connected to life, it can be so much more and that’s what green burial does. Through green burial we can utilize our end-of-life rituals for the betterment of the planet and help ensure a brighter future for the younger generations. We can come to appreciate death as an integral part of a natural process that continues long after we perish.
What does happen to your body when you die? While browsing the internet I came across this interesting and positive alternative to a casket/cemetery burial:
- Bios Urn is much more than an urn — it’s a catalyst for life. It is made using 100% biodegradable materials, and is respectful to the environment in all the ways possible. Built with a special capsule that meets the needs of any type of tree, it’s the perfect medium to allow for the proper growth of a tree or plant when planted with the remains of your loved one.
Designed to respect our environment
The Bios Urn is made using a custom moulding system which is produced without the use of glues or chemical additives. The degradation of the product is respectful to the environment because of its organic components.
- Back to nature, back to life!
- Turning a negative into a positive!
- For every action, there is a reaction!
The Bios Urn let’s you grow a tree using the remains of your loved one. The Bios Urn can be planted in any natural environment.
- Outdoor planting
- Seed & sprout compatible
- Special growth medium
- Packaging with instructions
- Soil expansion disc