A healthy environment is very important for the well being of human beings, animals, and plants. Hence, it is necessary to take proper care of the environment, by following certain definite guidelines. The environmental hazards audit is very useful for ascertaining the environmental health and safety management system that can be adopted by a company so that it is counted as an environment-friendly organization. The large-scale business organizations find it harder to maintain all the recommended norms and thus, need to be more careful in taking the responsibility of keeping the environment healthy.
Notable Features of The Environmental Hazards Audit System:
- A proper environmental health and safety management system of an organization uplifts the prestige and the image of that company in the market. Thus, it is essential to stick to the recommended rules of environmental hazards audit, which draws the attention of clients, channel partners, shareholders, and dealers to the activities of that commercial company.
- There is also a legal framework of the environmental health and safety rules, which should be maintained by every commercial organization. This framework of activities needs to be followed for avoiding all kinds of accidents and other mishaps that can result in legal actions against that particular company.
- The guidelines presented as a result of the environmental hazards audit also help in improving the quality of the company business, as all the related components of business management, need to be modified to suit the environment. Thus, all the environmental risks that may affect the health of the people can be reduced to a considerable extent as well.
- The implementation of the environmental health and safety management system depends on the company size or the number of employees working there. The nature of the company business, including the types of products manufactured or the services rendered by the company, also matters a lot in this regard. Thus, the environmental hazards audit takes note of the working conditions set for the employees and the total effects of the company activities on the surrounding environment, which implies that the company is capable of handling all risks conveniently.
- All the evaluations done through the environmental hazards audit are very important in setting the necessary guidelines, mainly for the new companies that have not made any such strategy yet. The construction, healthcare, agricultural, forestry, mining, transport, and manufacturing companies need to be more careful in following these guidelines, as these industrial sectors are more prone to cause pollution, ruining the health of the environment.
- The working sites are checked to see if there are shortcomings in the health and working conditions of company staff. Any such drawback can be corrected by the right measures that are suggested by the environmental hazards audit professionals.
- Some industrial units produce several harmful gases, dust containing carbon particles and other dangerous chemicals. All these points need to be addressed immediately for saving and maintaining the health of the people working there and staying close to these sites.
There are some renowned regulatory agencies that carry out the environmental hazards audit in all types of commercial organizations. The main target of these agencies is to protect the energy and the greenhouse of the earth, which are often threatened by the activities of the industrial units. The waste disposal systems of these companies are scrutinized to find if these industrial wastes are polluting the groundwater, soil, and the air of the atmosphere. The licensed waste contractors are contacted to take proper care of the waste disposals, without causing harm to the humans and the environment.
Article written for WhosGreenOnline.com by, Alyssa Moylan