Junk Car Recycling
Recycling or selling your junk car has a lot of benefits beyond just putting some cash in your pocket. Recycling is a huge part of creating and maintaining a clean sustainable place for us to live. The Clunker Junker is proud to be green, and proud to make the Earth a better place to live by helping people get rid of their junk cars in a way that’s safe for our planet!
- Did you know that almost 98% of a vehicle can be recycled? The raw metals can be smelted, purified, and reused in thousands of other applications. The glass and plastics from the vehicle can also be melted down and rubber from tires can be reused. Liquids like engine oil, brake fluid, and transmission fluids can either be neutralized and made safe, or reused in other applications.
- The average price someone might get for their junk car is anywhere between $150 and $500, depending on location, size, weight, and more. It only takes a car crusher 45 seconds to shred and average size car into fist-sized pieces of steel for recycling.
- Recycling one average automobile saves 2500 pounds of raw iron ore, 1400 pounds of coal, and 120 pounds of limestone. All of these things won’t have to be mined from the earth!
- Nearly 25 cars are recycled every minute across the world and the scrap industry processes just short of 145 million tons of recyclable material each year into raw materials for industrial manufacturing. They contribute $65B towards the US economy.
- Compared to extracting raw materials from the earth, recycling a junk car saves 90% in raw materials, 75% in energy, 86% in reduced air pollution, 76% reduction of water pollution, 40% reduction of water use, and 97% reduction in mining waste.
- If you put all the cars recycled and scrapped every year in a traffic jam, it would circle the globe almost two times! Over 10 million cars in total. The amount of oil saved from recycling a single car is enough to fuel a trip from Boston to Los Angeles and half way back!
It’s pretty amazing to learn that nearly 25 cars are recycled every minute in the US. My parents have a few old cars that are just sitting on their property right now. They need to find a service that will give them cash for those junk cars this month so that they can finally get rid of them.
I appreciate your effort in writing such a detailed content. . Numerous people, perhaps even me, try to save money by pouring an old junk car for as long as possible, bucketing money into repairs and running the risk of contravention down and getting trapped on the already-traffic blocked. Your post covers each and every aspect or essential topics require for it. Love to read it. There are many ways to get rid of old cars. Your content is amazing. Please share more stuff regarding scrap car removal with us.
Thanks for the share
Thank You for the kind words Jenny!
I really enjoyed this blog after reading so i am very impressed and i like to say thanks for the lovely sharing of your life which you shared with us.thanks again and keep it up keep continuers.
I was looking for this information relating to junk car. You have really eased my work, loved your writing skill as well. Please keep sharing more! Thanks for this wonderful content.Do check out this Cashforcarss.co.nz, it has some great and nice ideas to look for.